Here are some useful tips for winter grilling in cold weather.
- Keep plenty of propane around. Consider keeping a filled spare tank in reserve. Tanks may not work reliably when temps dip below freezing, so store propane tanks where they won’t freeze.
- Wind is the enemy of grilling, regardless of time of year. Operate your grill in a sheltered location or setup a wind break.
- Allow more time to pre-heat the grill. It may take up to twice as long to pre-heat during winter than during summer.
- Don’t force the lid or knobs if frozen in place. Thaw the grill in the garage or carefully defrost stuck parts with a blow dryer.
- To avoid carbon monoxide risks, don’t operate your grill in enclosed locations.